Monday, June 4, 2012

Fan's Draft Boards


Just for fun, I thought I'd post my personal draft board for the top five of the draft. I'm also posting a couple of my friend's boards and if any of you would like to post your top five in the comments, I'll do my best to add them to the post. Leave your twitter handle and I'll put that on the post as well. Here we go!

@PadenBennett22:
  1. Mark Appel
  2. Carlos Correa
  3. Byron Buxton
  4. Kyle Zimmer
  5. Max Fried
Paden on why Max Fried made his top 5: Although, I don't like that he's in high school, I feel like he has the potential to be a number 1 or 2. He's not a really hard thrower, but I like how he can already command his curve, which should be a Major League out pitch considering it is already plus. I envision him being a control pitcher with a good strikeout pitch.

@Daniel_L_Ware:
  1. Mark Appel
  2. Byron Buxton
  3. Carlos Correa
  4. Michael Wacha
  5. Kyle Zimmer
Dan reasons thought that Appel was a clear choice for his top spot given his ability to eat innings a strong stuff. He was a little uncomfortable with Kevin Gausman's past command problems that come from overthrowing and for that reason he left him off the list. He comments "I like the heat, as long as you can control it!" Dan likes Wacha, because he has one of the higher floors in the draft.

And finally here is my own, @RoyalRevival:
  1. Mark Appel
  2. Lucas Giolito
  3. Carlos Correa
  4. Byron Buxton
  5. Kevin Gausman
If Appel managed to miraculously fall to Kansas City at 5, they would have to pounce on perhaps the best talent in the draft who also happens to fit into an organizational need. I'm putting Giolito second on my board because based off my readings he has the highest upside of any prospect in this year's draft. There is huge risk both in signability and injury so I would be shocked if the Royals took him at 5. 

If you want to see your own top 5 included in this post, put it in the comments section along with a few thoughts. As soon as I get the chance I'll add it in. Be sure to leave your twitter handle and I'll put that on the post as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment